Registering my company

Posted on Saturday, August 11th 2007 10:11 pm by menj in Blogging


I’ve decided that I am going to merge all my online ventures into a single company. So I am going to the ROB on Monday to register my new company. Shouldn’t cost me too much, since it is only a company on paper. But after I have registered the company name, I will buy a new domain where I will display all my online ventures in a portfolio. Perhaps this whole thing is unnecessary, but since I deal with online clients all the time it would be good to show some measure of credibility, instead of the client seeing you as some random faceless stranger. I even have the company logo (see above). Actually the company name (founded in 1996) in the logo once belonged to my dad, but has now since become bungkus because of the Asian financial crisis of 1998 (and I blame Rafisuah Aziz for causing my father to go bankrupt).

Long story behind it.

Anyway what should I call this company? VCTech Media Networks? VCTech Network? What? Still have to think about it. And that logo sure needs a revamp for the Web 2.0 world, after all 1996 sure is a long time! More colours!



    Here are 16 Responses.

    • Fahmishah says:

      August 13th, 2007 at 4:29 pm

      what should i call you?blogger or businessman?

    • Adam says:

      August 19th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

      Good luck with your new venture. I started one with friends sometime back but after an initial spurt we got distracted with whatever we were doing personally and closed down the business. Hope you fare better. My advice is to give it 100% attention.

    • lucasg615 says:

      July 16th, 2012 at 8:41 pm

      I will shortly be starting self employed as a sole trader with an online bag shop, i have decided on a company name but do i need to legally register this and also to stop other people from taking the same name? I am a bit confused as i am not a limited company, only a sole trader but i still need a company name.

    • Jose B says:

      August 7th, 2012 at 5:22 am

      Once I register my company is it it copyright or must I do both?

    • toysruslover says:

      August 9th, 2012 at 7:40 am


      I’m trying to register my company but finding the IN01 form hard to understand!

      I am on part 3 and completely stuck, it refers to statement of capital:

      Class of shares:
      Amount paid up on each share:
      amount (if any) unpaid on each share:
      number of shares:
      aggregate nominal value:

      Total number of shares:
      Total Aggregate nominal value:

      Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to get this finished ASAP. Or if anyone knows of company that specialise in this would be great too.

      Thanks in advance!

    • Gundown64 says:

      August 9th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

      How do I register my name?
      How do I get a tax id number?
      What’s the diffrence between an Enterprise, Corporation, Incorporated?
      What is an LLC?
      I am clueless, I am just starting something small I dont even know if it will go through but just incase it does I want to have everything I need and in order in case I make it big.

    • maskills24 says:

      August 20th, 2012 at 9:12 am

      How do I register my name?
      How do I get a tax id number?
      What’s the diffrence between an Enterprise, Corporation, Incorporated?
      What is an LLC?
      I am clueless, I am just starting something small I dont even know if it will go through but just incase it does I want to have everything I need and in order in case I make it big.

    • vanvark83 says:

      October 14th, 2012 at 10:41 am

      Hey there, I really need help on how to write up a company profile. I start of small, I use my home as an office. I am from Singapore, I have a register company whereby I am doing import and export. I want to make it big and I need to write up a company profile which I do not know how to do it. I also need to know the requirements for a bank loan. I have problem, my partner is from Nigeria and when bank look at Nigerians as partners, they seem not to be willing to loan me.

    • nasty1 says:

      October 19th, 2012 at 9:07 am

      I make birthday/novelty cakes, so far I have just made them for my family for free but I’ve had some interest in them. I know to be a registered company I have to register with my council and do a food safety course but at the moment I probably will only make 1 or 2 a month and just charge the price it takes to make it so I won’t make a profit is that ok?

    • Matt says:

      October 30th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

      i am going to open a new software teaching and training company in tamilnadu. how can i register company , training certificate,logo and company name. and also how to get iso certificate ? is it need for my company?
      please tell me briefly.

    • Jon P says:

      November 3rd, 2012 at 6:10 pm

      Also, on my tax return, do I need to mention anything about VAT if my company is not registered for it? Also, what is the earnings threshold to register as a VAT registered company?

    • Gamer959 says:

      November 21st, 2012 at 7:43 am

      Hi All,

      I would like to register company in Andhra Pradesh , India.
      This new company will be doing business in Information Technology area.
      And it will be child or sister concern company for USA based company.

      Could any one give us detailed procedures on how to register company and different types of companies and different tax structures and where is the best location in Andhra Predesh to get more tax benefits?

      And kind of help is greatly appreciated.


    • Sir fliesalot says:

      November 23rd, 2012 at 10:05 am

      I need information on how to registering a company in KSA as to the procedure, costs, capitalization required and if it is possible that the company be owned fully/solely by an expat or do w need a local partner?

    • stingerms says:

      November 26th, 2012 at 1:35 am

      I’m part of a Young Enterprise company so it’s sort of a school affair even though we are a registered company. The brochure will be sent out to 800 people…
      Thoughts please?!

    • hank baseballs says:

      November 26th, 2012 at 8:04 pm

      I have found a supplier for electronics products like cellphones and other electronic products. They are legit US registered company and i have also tested them with small orders. I want to open an online retail store, sell on ebay and also sell in wholesale to other buyers. I only want to operate my business via online. Every month I have to wiretransfer large amounts like USD$50,000 to US for my business. Am I allowed to wire transfer money to US w/o any problem. Can i send money from my personal account or would i need a business account. Do I have to notify Revenue Canada before i do the wire transfer. Would they check the money going to US. I have heard when you T/T over $8000US then only they check.

      what licences do i need to start this business, who do i have to contact and do i really have to charge sales tax to my customers. I dont want to charge any GST or PST or any other sales tax to my customers. I want to keep my prices low to attract more buyers. Please advice

    • Superman says:

      November 26th, 2012 at 8:07 pm

      I’m an electrician with domestic and commercial customers. Avoiding VAT with domestic customers is important to stay competitive but with commercial customers it is advantageous to be VAT registered. Also, if I buy a new van, for instance, and pay VAT-and then reclaim the VAT through the VAT registered company-can I use the van when trading with domestic customers through the non VAT registered company?

    Leave a Reply

    Your conversation are welcome!

    Get Adobe Flash player